Bob has more than 25 years of business and coaching experience in diverse industries and functions with a strong record of producing results. He has held a variety of positions of increasing responsibility in the areas of corporate sales, marketing, and operations management. For the last 18 years, he has provided high-impact leadership coaching to senior executives and their teams.
Bob’s coaching is focused on helping leaders to become more successful in their current roles, transition into new roles, and lead successfully during extraordinary cycles in a rapidly changing environment. Bob also works to accelerate the integration of newly-hired critical leaders.
Bob brings to his coaching work both substantial business experience and extensive training in psychology and organizational behavior. The breadth and depth of his background enables him to quickly understand and support executives across a wide range of leadership challenges including: rapidly meeting the expectations of stretch assignments; navigating new reporting structures and/or mergers; transitioning into key rainmaker roles; building and repairing critical relationships; enhancing leadership presence; developing subordinates; and creating sustainability among work/life demands.
Clients describe Bob’s key strengths as utter presence in the coaching conversation, non-judgmental regard, steadfast integrity, and a healthy irreverence.
Bob works with clients from various industries, including professional services, financial services, consumer packaged goods, healthcare, technology, and pharmaceuticals.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- Succession to CEO at a large medical institution with over 10,000 employees: Supported the CMO stepping up as the leader who could steward the institution through the changing landscape of healthcare; worked with the leader through the entire search and selection process interface with the Board and other critical stakeholders
- Executive Vice Dean of a leading medical school at a prestigious university to successfully manage the transition of a new incoming dean. Coaching included supporting the relationships between department chairs and the incoming dean, as well as manage the expectations of stakeholders and implementing change.
- President of a large healthcare insurer to transition into her role, with a strong focus on building and managing relationships with senior political leaders, healthcare providers, and the senior team
- New CEO of a large physician group in the Midwest to organize and lead his team through the expansion of their services while successfully integrating several acquisitions
- CEO of a Fortune 500 company to look toward his legacy and explore the links between his tenure and the future of the organization
- CEO in the educational services industry education to manage the restructuring of the organization, resulting in the CEO’s ability to retain key talent and “walk the talk” of a clear message to her team, the organization, suppliers, and clients
- CEO of a US-based international parts distributor to lead his team through an acquisition and plan for the inevitable competition from the distributor’s own suppliers in the Far East; effectively coached the CEO on team relationships, time management, and thought leadership while facilitating team discussions
- SVP of Sales to enhance her effectiveness and relationships with all key constituents (management, department, and peers); a key outcome was her ability to effectively delegate projects which increased organizational skill sets and speed to market
- Senior Managing Director of a financial services firm to be more effective in managing his time by stepping back, slowing down, and focusing on effectively delegating and renegotiating commitments in a rapidly-shifting environment
- Leader in a financial services firm to be a better listener and collaborator with his colleagues, rather than being argumentative
- Senior Scientist responsible for designing and managing com plex projects to become more comfortable dealing with conflict and navigating organizational politics
- Partner at a consulting firm to become more of a rainmaker by leveraging his network and revisiting his approach to connecting with potential clients
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Master Somatic Coach at the Strozzi Institute, MSC
- Newfield Certified Ontological Coach, NCOC
- Graduate, Organizational Systems Development Program at the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland
- Completed Goodstone/Blaqwell Developing Lawyers as Leaders
- Certified in the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Certified in the Hogan Assessments
- Trained at the National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis Training Institute
- M.S. in Counseling, Long Island University
- B.A., University of Miami