Bonnie Wentworth has a proven 30-year track record of catalyzing strategic change and producing results for executive leaders, their teams and companies. Built on a foundation of managing people, strategy, processes and services, Bonnie coaches and consults to executive leaders of successful organizations, from early stage to Fortune 100. Bonnie works across diverse industries including Technology, Financial Services, Biotech, and Health Care, with C-Level executives, and emerging leaders who are ready to raise the bar.
Bonnie’s reputation for providing direct feedback, asking difficult questions and safely acknowledging sensitive subjects in the workplace has earned the deep trust of executives at the top of their game. At ease in complex organizational systems with competing priorities, resource constraints and time pressures, Bonnie is sought after for her proven ability to design and facilitate a generative outcome when the stakes are high. Power and interpersonal dynamics fascinate Bonnie; her experience, theoretical knowledge and pragmatic approach inform and inspire her success with complex, high stakes groups of influential senior leaders.
Bonnie is a master level coach with over 3000 hours of individual executive coaching experience. She is a Founding Fellow for Harvard Medical School’s Institute of Coaching. Additionally, Bonnie has taught hundreds of graduate students and executives as adjunct instructor and leadership coach at Stanford University where she has worked in teaching, facilitation and coaching roles for over ten years.
With an undergraduate degree in Classics and master’s in Organizational Psychology, Bonnie brings inquiry, rigor and discipline to bear in her client relationships. She currently serves on the Playworks Board, a nationwide nonprofit, and is an active Advisory Board member for the Women’s Cancer Resource Center. Bonnie integrates her life experiences as a leader, competitive athlete, mother, volunteer, adventurer, life-long learner and change catalyst in her work.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- EVP, President of Commercial Leasing in a Fortune 500 Conglomerate to improve executive presence, build greater strategic influence across the enterprise as a potential successor for CEO
- CEO of Medical Center and SVP in well-known nationwide health care organization to support transition into first-time CEO role in a medical center requiring immediate performance improvement including rebuilding the executive leadership team. Client received excellent performance rating and is now being developed for larger roles.
- Medical Director and head of Laboratories in 5-year-old bio-tech company to develop people management skills including delegation, conflict resolution and direction communication
- VP of Engineering in Technology Storage company to support promotion to a high-profile executive role during merger and acquisition of firm. Client was named head of Engineering for integrated new company.
- General Manager of globally known retailer to develop cross-functional collaboration and influence skills
- CEO of start-up health care subsidiary to develop capability in his leadership team and let go of micro-management practices
- Chief Information Security Officer of $63 billion health care organization to develop public speaking skills, executive presence, collaboration and influence skills
- Chief of Staff to CIO of health care organization to expand skills for influencing without positional authority and navigation of complex group dynamics
- M.D. Scientific Director of Hospital Research Institute to navigate dynamics of being acquired by a large health care organization with potential impact on lifelong research and staff
- General Counsel/Head of People for rapidly growing Bio-tech start-up to build stronger influence without direct authority skills in shaping the executive and corporate culture. Was a prior client as Head of Intellectual Property for $17 billion Fortune 100 and Best Place to Work bio-tech company.
- Regional Director, Battleground States for 2012 Presidential Election to develop people management skills while driving campaign strategy
- SVP, head of 3000-person call center operations for health care organization, with 10.2 million members during implementation of Affordable Care Act
- Co-founder and COO of Sales Management Software Company to support rapid scale of personal and organizational leadership skills and perspective. Supported client to move out of COO role to Chief Business Development role to leverage serial entrepreneurial passion and capabilities.
- SVP, Chief Technology Risk Officer of largest not-for-profit health care organization in US to support his cultural assimilation into organization
- CMO of 800-person technology start-up to expand social and emotional competence to adapt and effectively lead in a “touchy feely” culture. Client demonstrated progress towards goals however after 18 months, chose to leave and realign company fit with natural temperament and proven strengths.
- SVP, head of National Sales function for $63 billion health care organization to develop sustainable personal practices to balance a rugged travel schedule, market pressures and family commitments
- Executive Director of nonprofit to rebuild Board and diplomatically address problematic Board Chair while recruiting, and development for succession planning. Two years later, Board has had 80% turnover with significant skill up-leveling.
- COO/President of high-profile venture philanthropy nonprofit to be more confident and strategic in communication to key stakeholders to be seen as a successor candidate to President. Client was named President and ultimately left to become CEO of a firm incubated at company.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- B.A., Classics, Saint Mary’s College of California
- M.A., Organizational Psychology, John F. Kennedy University
- Certified SPHR – Senior Professional in Human Resources
- Certified in a range of well-regarded development tools and assessments including MBTI, DiSC, TKI Conflict Mode, Hay Emotional and Social Intelligence, FIRO-B, Leadership Versatility Index, Lominger, Zenger Folkman and Leadership Challenge instruments