Damien employs a systematic approach to help senior executives and teams become more effective leaders and collaborators. His approach involves assessment and observation to increase self-awareness and self-understanding. This promotes behavioral change, personal growth, and more effective performance both at the individual and team levels.
Damien draws upon the knowledge and perspective gained from nearly twenty years of “real world” successes – and failures – as a leader, manager, technology entrepreneur, and consultant. His clients value his collaborative, personable style and the input he provides as an objective sounding board and strategic thought partner.
Prior to becoming a coach, Damien held a variety of leadership positions at Charles Schwab, initially in brokerage management and later in technology and talent management. At Schwab, Damien led teams who designed and delivered innovative programs that specifically targeted the strategic management of talent and the improvement of business results.
Recently Damien has worked with a variety of leaders and leadership teams at companies such as Allstate, American Express, Ameriprise Financial, American Family Insurance, Bank of America, CareerBuilder, D.E. Shaw, EDS, Grant Thornton, Hewlett Packard, Honeywell Aerospace, Intel, Scottsdale Insurance, Sacramento Municipal Utility District, Salt River Project, and Tenet Healthcare.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- IT Division Director at Fortune 100 aerospace company to develop his presentation/communication style
- VP of IT Project Management to increase his personal effectiveness, develop his communication style, and prepare for a larger role in the IT organization, to which he was subsequently promoted
- CIO at Fortune 100 insurance company to develop more effective communication skills in order to drive a major “technology transformation” initiative
- SVP of Systems at a financial services company to accelerate his performance after his promotion into a senior leadership role
- Managing Partner and National Practice Leader at “Big 6″ accounting firm to improve communication with his peers and the executive committee
- IT Director of a Fortune 100 company to develop more effective influencing skills in managing a $600mm business process outsourcing initiative
- CEO of a rapidly-growing healthcare company to develop from entrepreneur to CEO and build his executive team, while navigating an increasingly complex regulatory environment
- Chief Compliance & Legal Officer at a Fortune 500 healthcare company to develop vision, strategy, and focus on the leadership behaviors required in a turnaround environment
- CEO at a profitable, VC-backed technology start-up on the presentation and influencing skills required during the VC funding process.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- M.A., Instructional Technology (Multi-Media Design), San Francisco Sate University
- M.Sc., Equality Studies, University College, Dublin, Ireland
- Higher Diploma Education, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Series 7, 8 (9 & 10) and 63 (currently inactive)
- B.A. , National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Ireland
- Graduate of the Hudson Institute, Coach Intensive Training
- Certified to administer DiSC, Hogan Personality Inventory, BarOn EQi, Myers-Briggs, Center for Creative Leadership assessments, FIRO, and other assessments