For over a decade, David has coached successful executives and emerging leaders globally, in many industries and roles. He brings to each client the informed perspective of having been a senior operating executive prior to becoming a coach.
David’s clients are often at important inflection points in their development: pre- and post-CEO succession; strengthening Board relationships; improving employee engagement; enhancing influence and communication; meeting downturn challenges; onboarding/changing roles; and, improving effectiveness and business outcomes. His clients appreciate his candor, commitment, good humor, and ability to quickly grasp their situation and work effectively within their unique organizational needs and challenges.
David’s own leadership experience comes from managing a broad range of corporate functions and P&L’s including building a services/operations/technology start-up within a larger enterprise, from 0-$20 billion in assets. His rigorous and contemporary coaching skills are derived from completion of Georgetown University’s leading coach training program, and continual educational investment in leadership development tools designed for today’s organizations and leaders.
His clients include those who work in defense, energy, enterprise and personal technology, entertainment, financial services, food services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, hospitality/travel, executive search, law, management consulting, real estate, private equity, retail, utilities, et al. Client locations include the US, Australia, Africa, Canada, China, EMEA, and Malaysia.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- CEO of a multibillion dollar commercial real estate firm to design and execute his succession plan in collaboration with the Board
- SVP of a multibillion dollar commercial real estate firm to get to readiness for taking on the President role
- President of a billion dollar, founder-led public medical device company as a candidate for CEO succession. Client was chosen and is now CEO. Coaching continued to onboard him into CEO role.
- President of a $350 million founder-led public technology and professional services firm to prepare for CEO succession
- President of a $2 billion division of a public technology company to develop stronger followership, paint a more strategic and engaging vision for employees, and be more effective with the Board
- President of multiple operating companies of a Fortune 20 health and financial services organization to prepare to succeed as CEO
- Private Equity portfolio company VP to transition to President of a national restaurant chain, where she’s taken on responsibility for over 800 company-owned and franchised stores
- Head of Technology Operations at a leading post-IPO founder-led company to develop a more consensus-based and millennial-friendly style while continuing to run teams to build extraordinary scale in capabilities
- Senior Director of Marketing, responsible for Go To Market of a global technology company to enhance her influence at senior-most levels, and upgrade her team’s performance
- CEO/Founder of an entrepreneurial healthcare staffing and audit firm to improve business results and leadership team effectiveness
- CFO of a global healthcare professional services/consulting organization to reduce doing things himself, develop a more strategic partnership with his CEO, and a more scalable team of direct reports
- CFO of a multibillion dollar pharma company to work on development areas after outside CEO was hired; to prepare him to be selected as successor to that CEO
- Incoming CFO of a noted apparel/fashion company to make a successful transition, and subsequently to onboard into his COO/CFO combined role
- Chief Revenue Officer of a post-IPO customer-engagement technology firm in the energy/utility sector to scale his team in a high growth situation
- VP of Transmission Operations at a regional energy utility to build stronger influencing skills at the senior team table
- VP at a global food company to enhance delegation, decrease intimidation, and leverage team to deliver results. Client is now recognized as among the highest engagement leaders in the company.
- Partner at a global law firm to maximize cross-firm collaboration and business development with colleagues
- Executive team (team coaching) of a Canadian manufacturing company to upgrade trust and teamwork. Identified areas for development and facilitated team-building offsite meetings.
- Head of Commercial at an aerospace materials company to develop a more collegial and collaborative approach with her direct leader
- Regional Director of Production, and head of Health, Safety, and Environment/Operational Integrity for an upstream energy company to address her development areas identified in a round of EVP evaluations
- Senior Litigation Partner of a multibillion dollar law firm to be more entrepreneurial in his practice development, and to develop a stronger team of associates, enabling him to take the lead on larger cases
Education and Professional Affiliations
- BFA, New York University
- Certified Leadership Coach, Leadership Executive Coaching Program, Georgetown University
- FINRA/NASD Series 7, 24, and 63 securities licenses (inactive)
- Completed Miller Heiman Institutional Sales training
- Experienced in PriceWaterhouse Change Integration and System Management methodologies
- Certified in The Leadership Circle Profile, Hogan Assessment System, MBTI, Emotional Intelligence in Action, and other tools