Su-chzeng brings more than 30 years of international business experience to her work with her coaching clients. She coaches executives with a focus on performance, communication skills, relationship building, and cross-cultural issues. She partners with leaders to leverage their strengths and talents, help them discover fresh perspectives, and change their behavior to take themselves and their teams to new levels of performance.
Having lived and worked in both England and Japan, Su-chzeng is currently based in Singapore. She coaches executives of many nationalities and is especially effective with executives working in multicultural environments and facing cross-cultural issues.
Su-chzeng has held senior positions in the finance, education, and publishing industries. Her experience in corporate leadership includes managing and coaching multicultural teams in high-pressure environments. In these roles, she was committed to improving the bottom line while also helping earn international rankings for financial analysts and fund managers. Her deep commitment to diversity issues stems from working in different cultures for substantial periods, traveling widely on business, and having a personal understanding of such issues in her own life.
Su-chzeng has coached teams, C-level executives and senior leaders in a variety of industries, including technology, finance, consulting, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, IT, consumer, oil, government, and non-profit.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- SVP in a chemicals company to enhance her communication skills and increase cultural understanding to build trust and buy-in among colleagues
- CEO of an oil company to transform his detached, impersonal style and learn to inspire with leadership presence
- CEO of an insurance group to change her alpha style to achieve impressive results without bruising colleagues and subordinates
- CFO of a Hong Kong-based bank to transform his impatient and arrogant style when interacting with his boss, peers, and subordinates
- CFO of a bank to more effectively manage multicultural team
- Country manager of a pharmaceutical company to prepare to take on a regional leadership role
- CFO of bank to transform his gruff behavior as staff turnover was extremely high and his reputation in the market was keeping recruits away
- CIO to learn to interact more, build relationships, and get buy-in from colleagues, instead of simply issuing orders
- COO of a finance company to communicate with her boss and peers in the US with more emotional control in order to win their support to implement changes in Asia
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Master’s degree, Education, University of Sheffield, UK
- B.A. with Honors, English Literature, University of Malaya
- International Coaching Federation certification
- Founding committee member of the Singapore Chapter of the International Coaching Federation
- Certified to administer assessments including Hogan Personality Inventory, DiSC, Management Research Group’s LEA 360, Linkage’s 360 Leadership Assessment, Benchmarks 360, BarOn EQi, COI, FIRO-B, Conflict Dynamics, and WorkPlaceBig5