Carrie brings over 30 years of experience working with senior executives in a variety of functions and industries as they consider professional and personal change. As a search firm partner and internal company talent acquisition leader, she worked closely with Boards and senior leadership to align their thoughts around talent. She examined roles, responsibilities and culture fit to assess potential candidates to determine fit.
Carrie’s background has proven to be valuable. She has a deep understanding of and experience with a variety of companies and executives; from venture and private equity backed early stage businesses to Fortune 100s. She has worked in a number of industries including consumer products/services/technology, retail, hospitality, health care, financial services, media, biotechnology, agriculture and professional services.
Throughout her career, Carrie has been known for her ability to get to the heart of the matter. By asking the tough questions and providing a trusting and supportive environment, Carrie’s clients are able to discover their blind spots, hurdles or stuck places. From that work, they can develop a plan that brings meaningful change.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- SVP Merchandising/Design for luxury department store chain to be a more effective communicator backed by courage, confidence & transparency.
- CEO and founder of a start-up company to provide a new category of consumer service. Focus on values, business strategy, building culture, attracting talent and organizational structure.
- COO & Co-founder of Fintech/Edtech startup which was recently acquired to reflect on “what’s next” whether staying with the acquiring company or moving on.
- Former CEO and current Senior Operating Partner, investment firm, to transition to her new role and industry with confidence.
- SVP at a commercial bank to manage transition to a new company and quickly make a positive impact
- Global Head of M&A and Strategic Alliances at Fortune 500 mass media and publishing company to rediscover his purpose and passion
- Executive Director Discovery Research for Fortune 500 biopharm company to grow influence and delegation capacity and manage workaholism
- Director & Epidemiologist for Fortune 500 biopharmaceutical company to develop skills that allow her to reach the next level, primarily increasing presence and ability to inspire.
- Managing Director & Global Head of Social Impact for multinational investment management firm to strategize and begin to put in place her next professional chapter including additional board positions.
- VP, GM of Strategy, Acquisitions & New Business Development for global manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products, to improve ability to navigate internal politics.
- Executive Director of R&D for Fortune 500 biopharmaceutical company to develop executive presence and storytelling capability.
- Interim President/Provost of renowned music conservatory to explore “what I want to be when I grow up”.
- Co-founder and Executive Creative Director of a fast-growing arts and entertainment company to grow leadership and management skills
- VP Creative Projects of a leading fashion specialty retailer to bring a more considered approach to furthering her career at the company
- President of top-caliber, second generation clothing manufacturer to navigate the decision and process of selling the business
- VP Strategic Growth, Corporate Development and Partnerships to manage multiple structural changes to gain better visibility
- Director of Hospitality for luxury wine producer to strengthen her leadership skills
- Sales & Marketing Consultant to CPG companies to consider and choose among career options
Education and Professional Affiliations
- JD, UC Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA
- BA, Rhetoric, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- CHIC – Certified Hudson Institute Coach
- Member, California Bar Association