Rob brings his experience as a corporate CEO, entrepreneur, and strategy consultant to his coaching and leadership services. He helps executives and leadership teams increase their organizational effectiveness and is valued especially for his ability to provide a constructive and challenging partnership to senior leaders on a wide range of issues.
For 12 years, Rob was a partner in the London office of Monitor Group, one of the world’s leading strategy consulting firms, where he helped senior management teams transform their companies and their leadership cultures. During this time Rob advised and coached top leaders of several leading British companies. After leaving Monitor in 1999, Rob became an entrepreneur and over the next ten years founded and ran two successful private equity backed companies. Between these entrepreneurial roles he served as the MD of a FTSE 250 UK company.
In addition to coaching and consulting, Rob serves as an Advisor to TowerBrook Capital Partners, a $5 billion private equity firm, and is the non-executive chairman of three companies. He also does pro-bono coaching work with the CEOs of social enterprises involved in affordable housing, access to education, and micro-finance.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- MD of a $2 billion telecoms company going through a turnaround, to help him grow into his first general management role
- CEO of the Greater China business for a bulge bracket bank, to help him improve his relationships across the bank and become more constructive and less reactive when managing conflict
- President of a new start-up University, coaching him on the shaping of an organizational culture and the creation of an effective management team
- COO of Private Banking, Asia to develop a more strategic and systematic approach to his role
- Regional General Counsel, AsiaPac to support him in his efforts to enhance the levels of engagement and accountability of his team
- Head of Ultra High Net Worth Solutions, bulge bracket bank, to help him develop a more effective communications style for influencing across the organization
- Operating Partner, global private equity firm, to help her develop more effective engagement skills when working with portfolio company managers
Education and Professional Affiliations
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- Coaching Certification, Coaches Training Institute