Julie Hess is a management consultant and executive coach with over 18 years of experience working to improve business results for companies in both the service and manufacturing sectors, spanning a broad array of diverse industries.
Julie partners with her clients to address areas such as leadership development, leadership team effectiveness, strategic planning and implementation, organizational assessment and design, change management, process redesign and performance improvement, and succession management.
As an executive coach, Julie can be counted on to be authentic, pragmatic, thoughtful and direct as a partner In achieving both individual and organizational goals.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- Business Unit President at a global manufacturer of recreation equipment and vehicles, to lead more strategically and drive to business results
- Business Unit President at global insurance corporation to improve leadership effectiveness and partner more effectively with peers on the executive leadership team
- Vice President of manufacturing at a global automobile manufacturer, to support transition into a greatly expanded role with a focus on leading more strategically
- Chief Food Safety Officer at a global CPG corporation, to support transition into new role, building new global team and development of peer relationships in matrixed organization
- Partner at “Big Four” accounting firm, to improve leadership effectiveness, team development and effective delegation
- Senior Vice President at a for-profit education corporation, to build leadership presence and strengthen strategic capabilities
- Senior Director of finance at a global fast-food corporation, to improve ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with peers across functions and business units
Education and Professional Affiliations
- MBA, Manufacturing Operations & Organizational Behavior, Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
- MEM, Engineering Management, McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
- BS, Business Administration from DePaul University
- Graduate of the Hudson Institute of Coaching, International Coach Federation (ICF) certified institution
- PCC, Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certified to administer The Leadership Circle Assessment, Lominger instruments, Decision Dynamics, and MRG Leadership Effectiveness Analysis