Terry works with executives and high potential leaders in both the public and private sectors to clarify and move to the next level of their professional and personal development. She helps clients build a sustainable and rewarding level of excellence and personal fulfillment. Clients appreciate the blend of backbone and heart that characterizes Terry’s coaching style.
Terry has been on the front lines within some of the world’s most admired companies for almost 25 years and she brings this knowledge and direct experience to her coaching. She has personally dealt with many of the challenges her clients face: clarifying vision and purpose, driving change, expanding interpersonal influence and impact, cultivating executive presence, balancing competing demands and commitments and navigating transitions and successions.
Since completing her coach certification ten years ago, Terry has coached leaders in technology, pharmaceuticals, aerospace, health care, energy, telecom, management consulting, manufacturing and finance. She works with clients throughout the US and abroad, including Asia, South America, Europe and Canada.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- GM of global technology firm to collaborate more effectively with stakeholders and empower team members. During engagement leader was promoted to higher impact international GM role.
- Finance leader at global technology firm sought to improve cross-functional influence and impact in preparation for next level of leadership. Leader was promoted to Financial Controller.
- VP at global technology firm to cultivate and articulate her executive brand and improve her confidence managing up. All areas of focus were seen to have improved significantly post-coaching.
- Dynamic, action-oriented Director at fortune 100 technology firm to channel his passion and emotions more productively in preparation for a larger role. Promoted to Vice President.
- Executive Director at global technology firm to improve her listening, risk-taking and patience to navigate organizational and interpersonal conflict with confidence, grace and skill.
- CEO of highly regarded regional counseling organization to make a speedy, impactful transition into her new role and establish productive board relations.
- COO for a leading provider of industrial aviation services to balance his analytical expertise with more warmth, empathy and authenticity.
- SVP of global client strategy at a fortune 500 consultancy, to restore damaged trust and model collaborative leadership without compromising her results focus. Promoted to Head of Sales following engagement.
- CEO of commercial photography business to develop the focus needed to take his business to the next level.
- CEO and COO of regional mortgage finance organization to address and resolve a long-standing pattern of broken trust that threatened the health and viability of their business.
- COO of regional family‐owned manufacturing company to improve strained and combative relationships between members of executive team. All members of executive team reported increased collaboration on business decisions post-coaching.
- Senior brand director at global pharmaceutical company to upgrade his executive presence and broaden his influence with peers and CEO. Promoted to Vice President.
- Marketing leader at global pharmaceutical firm to develop her composure and interpersonal effectiveness in a new, expanded role. Promoted to Senior Director during engagement and selected for larger, high-impact international role at end of engagement.
- Consultant for leading defense contractor to initiate and respond to challenging conversations more courageously, directly and effectively.
- Regional business director in global pharmaceutical firm to adjust his leadership style to better serve the diverse needs of team members and peers and expand his relationship capital within and across functions. Leader moved up in area rankings from 21st to 2nd.
- VP in health care firm to better balance his “take charge” communications style with a more collaborative way of engaging with others whose styles differed from his own.
- Multiple assignments within technology and consulting industries to groom and develop next generation of women leaders.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- B.A. Carleton College, Northfield, MN
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coaching Federation
- Certified Integral Coach®, New Ventures West
- Certified Integrative Coach, The Ford Institute
- Coach Training Mentor, The Ford Institute
- Licensed instructor of Coaching To Excellence, a coach training program for executives and their teams, through New Ventures West
- Certified in Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), EQ in Action, The Leadership Circle® Profile