Kathy is a seasoned business leader and coach who partners with boards, CEOs, and senior executives in large companies and professional firms to build strong leadership and enhance bottom-line results.
As a leadership coach, Kathy focuses on accelerating the success of talented executives who are
- being groomed for larger roles,
- leading organizations through significant transitions such as mergers, new strategic directions, or changes in business culture, or
- assuming new roles with critical responsibilities.
Kathy has extensive business experience globally and has lived and worked in both North America and Europe. Initially a skillful trial attorney, she transitioned out of law and into in a wide range of senior management positions and multinational project roles. Her particular strength was as a turnaround leader, someone who energized management teams and created a sense of purpose and achievement. Kathy’s corporate career culminated when she was President of Burmah Castrol Holdings, the $1 billion North American holding company for the various Castrol oil and chemicals businesses.
Kathy blends her deep understanding of the business world’s complex challenges and politics with humor, warmth, and an energetic results-oriented style. While providing support and guidance on real-time management challenges, she also holds executives accountable to their broader leadership vision. Clients cite Kathy’s prior management experience as bringing a deeper dimension to her coaching work and compare working with her to having a trusted advisor focused on their success. Her current and recent clients are in sectors as diverse as energy, finance, consumer products, technology, manufacturing, chemicals, construction, management consulting, law, and education.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- SVP of a leading North American chemicals company to strengthen his candidacy for the CEO role by assuming responsibility for the integration of a major acquisition
- CFO of one of the world’s largest communications network services providers to focus on building bench strength and capacity during a time of rapid growth
- CEO of an oil and mineral interests company to assemble a new high-performing management team and lead the company to record growth
- Global practice leader of a leading management consulting firm to advance his leadership initiatives and position himself for increasingly visible assignments
- An SVP and functional head of a European finance company to build a high-performing organization that can add competitive business value
- A High-potential C-level executive at one of the largest US independent power producers to prepare for larger roles and develop a strong relationship with the Board
- Senior VP of a well-known global IT and business process solutions company who was charged with tripling the size of one of its most profitable business lines
- Managing partner of a major national law firm to effectively leverage communications skills and implement a major change initiative which exceeded targeted results
- Newly-hired functional head of an international finance company who rapidly ascended to the SVP level by demonstrating strong leadership during a period of unexpected organizational change
- Newly-hired SVP of a large diversified energy company to grow its non-utility businesses
- The Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, coaching senior-level executives in the EMBA program as they apply their learning to real-time issues in their jobs
Education and Professional Affiliations
- J.D. with honors, Rutgers University School of Law
- Editor-in-Chief, Rutgers Law Review
- B.A., cum laude, Duke University
- Independent study at University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching, Georgetown University
- Member of the International Coach Federation