Matt has an extensive background in assisting mid- to C-level business and healthcare leaders and their teams improve their results by developing the skills and competencies needed to ensure individual, team and organizational success. He brings direct operating experience coupled with a depth of coaching experience that provides the foundation for successful development.
Matt’s clients are often at important stages in their development: onboarding or changing roles; building teams; improving employee engagement; enhancing influence and communication; and, improving effectiveness and outcomes. His clients appreciate his insight, humor, and ability to quickly gain clarity about their most important opportunities and challenges. They value his ability to help them develop and execute strategies that bring about individual and team results.
Matt’s background includes both corporate and entrepreneurial experiences including sales and leadership roles at Hewlett Packard, turnaround experience in the mid-market, and the founding, leading and successful sale of a medical technology firm. His coaching skills are derived from completion of the University of Texas’ graduate program in executive coaching, and continual educational investment in leadership development tools designed for today’s organizations and leaders.
His clients include those who work in healthcare, energy, enterprise and personal technology, financial services, government, health plans, health systems and hospitals, insurance, law, manufacturing, medical devices and technology, nonprofit, professional services, real estate, utilities, et al.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- SVP of a Fortune 100 national healthcare company enhanced the ability to create followership among his team
- General Counsel of one of the world’s largest oil & gas companies to enhance his awareness and adaptability across leadership styles
- CIO of an oil services company to enhance executive presence and delegation
- Executive Director of an international medical technology division around self-management to improve collaboration
- CEO and leadership team of a multinational technology firm to improve communication within team and organization
- Managing partner of an international energy trading firm to accelerate integration and assimilation of his cultural transition
- SVP of IT of Fortune 100 international energy provider around his ability to vision cast and effectively delegate strategic initiatives to his management team
- SVP of a Fortune 100 pipeline and midstream company around fostering innovation and engagement
Education and Professional Affiliations
- BBA Marketing, University of Texas Austin
- University of Texas at Dallas, Executive Coaching
- International Coach Federation, PCC
- Certified: Hogan Assessments (HPI, HDS, MVPI, EQ, Team), Harrison Assessments, MRG LEA 360, Extended DISC, Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner
- ICF Houston Coaches Association (Past President)
- Member American College of Healthcare Executives
- Completed Miller Heiman and Sandler Sales training