Anthony is one of the leading bilingual authorities on coaching in Japan. Having worked with both Japanese and International Coaching Firms, he has served as an Executive Coach and Facilitator for organizations throughout Japan, Asia and Europe over the past eight years.
With over 1200 hours of 1:1 coaching and having trained over 2000 people, he has been able to develop skill sets which are applicable both in individual and group settings. Anthony’s involvement with Asia spans more than 25 years.
His focus is one-on-one coaching for executives (C-level, EVP, VP and MD level), facilitating senior management teams, as well as running international leadership and intercultural programs.
As Founding President of the ICF Tokyo Chapter, he continually strives to enhance “best of class” coach training and communications development in Asia Pacific, conducting workshops for Asian-based coaches. He is also active in Regional Collaboration Projects and has presented at coaching forums and conferences.
Anthony brings to any client engagement 19 years of international relations experience. His clients sum him up as a Communicator, Interculturalist and Creative Strategist, and he has over a decade of corporate experience based in Asia.
Anthony spends 65% of his time based in Tokyo, 20% in Singapore/HK and 15% in Europe. He speaks English and Japanese fluently and conversational French.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- Leading American Life Science Organization: worked with CEO to enhance communication skills in a large audience utilizing a cultural competency index. Also assisting the CEO to redesign his schedule to move from task to strategic.
- Investment company: onboarding of newly promoted Expat to increase self awareness, cultural sensitivity, and understand impact of behavior; become an effective communicator by listening actively and translating global objectives into practical applications for the Japanese team
- Work/Life Balance for Senior Japanese Director, European bio-pharma to delegate more effectively and use techniques to “manage upward” using assertiveness and promise management
- Expatriate President of a luxury automotive company – building trust with the Japanese team and helping to create individual accountability in team members
- CFO of multinational Investment Company – onboarding to Japan and new position
- Japanese CEO of Fortune 50 FMCG – leadership and effective interpersonal communications
- Systemic Coaching Project for European Pharmaceutical – creating “one team culture” after an M&A
- Japanese Director of European Machinery Manufacturer
- MD of Japanese Subsidiary of a Fortune 50 Investment Bank
- Tokyo: global project facilitation at Board level
- Singapore – top 3 consulting firm – Coaching Skills for Managers Workshop for Asia-Pacific Professional Development team
- Tokyo: series of leadership and coaching workshops for Temple University
- London: Leadership and Consultative Sales program for an IT company
Education and Professional Affiliations
- B.A. University of Sydney (International Relations/Japanese)
- Level 2 (fluent) – Japanese National Competency Exam
- Graduate School of Coaching short courses
- ICF Continuing Education Programmes
- ICF Accredited Coach Training Program (Newfield Network, USA)
- Certified as NCC – Newfield Certified Ontological Coach
- ICF – Founding President, Tokyo Chapter
- IAC member
- HBDI trainer
- TIA accredited facilitator