Renée Cooper brings over 20 years of coaching, consulting and business experience to her executive client engagements. With a style that is warm, direct and insightful, she coaches executives and senior teams to enhance leadership skills, produce results and achieve personal and organizational objectives. She has worked with client industries such as telecommunications, airlines, consulting, electric power, international non-profit health services, banking, public, undergraduate and post graduate schools.
Whether working one-on-one in an executive coaching relationship, or “team-coaching” a senior management group, Renée works with her clients to produce insight, clarity, and action.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- President, high tech sales organization ($4Bil revenue), to develop moderated leadership style balancing inspirational leadership with results orientation.
- Chief Risk Officer (reporting to CEO) at major financial institution, to help him be successful with expanded scope and visibility of role, improve delegation and work/life balance, improve working relationships with peers and presence with Board.
- CEO of wealth management firm, to help him build followership and strengthen team beneath him.
- CEO of outsourced sales firm, to build facilitative leadership and emotional intelligence skills.
- Chief Strategy Officer at major health insurance firm, to prepare for expanded scope; balance strategic thinking with executional strength.
- Chief HR Officer, wealth management firm, to prepare for broader scope, improve political savvy.
- EVP, private equity firm, to improve executive presence.
- For a national lending institution, worked with EVP of Sales to develop enterprise-level perspective, communication skills, and presence. Created tools and processes to help him look beyond this sales organization allowing him to become more strategic.
- SVP of Business Development (reporting to CEO) of international NGO (2500 employees worldwide), to improve relationships with peers and executive presence.
- CFO of technology manufacturing firm, to develop facilitative management style and improve interpersonal skills.
- VP, Assistant Corporate Controller of global technology firm to prepare for succession to SVP Finance. Focused on: gaining broader visibility in the business; developing and advocating a point of view on topics outside of the accounting space; and building his bench.
- Executive participants at Harvard Business School’s Advanced Management Program and Program for Leadership Development
- Executive participants at Harvard’s International Women’s Forum.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- M.B.A., Harvard Business School, Boston, MA
- Sc.B., Applied Mathematics and Economics, Brown University, Providence, RI
- ICF-accredited Certified Professional Coach (CPC), College of Executive Coaching
- Certified to administer Leadership Versatility Index Multi-rater leadership assessment instrument, CCL suite of assessments (Benchmarks, Executive Dimensions, Skillscope), MBTI Step II