Dana Kirchman is an executive coach and business adviser with over 17 years experience in coaching, consulting and line management. She supports senior executives and high potentials to develop leadership capabilities, drive change and build effective teams.
Dana brings a combination of business acumen and counseling skill to help leaders maximize their impact. Her clients are high-achieving executives, innovators and experts in the financial, legal, consulting, media and healthcare industries. Dana partners with them to build their collaboration and communication effectiveness, team leadership skills, executive presence and strategic vision. Dana also leads training workshops and discussion groups to facilitate team collaboration.
Dana has worked extensively with global teams, and has served clients in the US, UK, Western Europe, Scandinavia and Latin America. She has advised international leaders on talent planning, matrix organization and team culture in a global environment.
Before working with Goodstone, Dana was a management consultant with McKinsey & Company, where she advised top financial, private equity and media clients on business transformation, deal flow and new product development. She co-led the McKinsey New York women’s mentoring program.
Dana has held global executive roles at Viacom / MTV Networks International and at American Express, where she led teams focused on strategy, marketing and product development. Dana received an award from the American Express Chairman’s Office for leadership in innovation.
Dana has been a featured speaker at the Conference Board’s Future Leaders summit, the New York Bar Association and the Internet Summit in Raleigh. She chairs the presenter selection committee for Columbia University’s coaching conference and has written articles on diversity, personality assessment, millennials, and building coaching competencies for high potential people leaders.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- Principal finance professional in New York boutique firm, specializing in derivatives and hedging strategies. Building executive presence and client relationships.
- Group of senior women in investment firm, focusing on developing gravitas and grace under fire in a changing market
- Private equity investment professional, improving communication effectiveness and increasing success rate on deals
- Head of Talent of a financial consulting firm, launching a sponsorship and inclusion program to advance women. Delivered program to 200 senior managers and partners.
- Hedge fund legal counsel, focused on stress management and collaboration with partners
- Chief Digital Officer of a media company, facilitating Board relationships and defining talent strategy
- Chief Technology Officer of a market research company, building Board communication skills and capacity to delegate
- COO of the New York office of a law firm, addressing senior leadership development and capacity for change. Facilitated group meetings utilizing Hogan assessments.
- Legal antitrust counsel, focused on building trust with peers and delegating effectively to team members
- Law firm partner and counsel, focused on developing client business in new industries and improving executive presence
- Technology leader for top information services company, helping develop a strong team and raising profile
- Head of new product launch for a pharmaceutical company, focused on peer relationships, collaboration and managing up
- Head of sales operations for a pharmaceutical company, preparing for promotion and focusing on emotional intelligence
- Head of product safety for a pharmaceutical company, focused on networking, communications and addressing social anxiety
- SVP of digital media, focusing on talent management, succession planning and organization effectiveness in a global setting
- Practice leader of a payments firm, polishing executive presence
- Head of leadership development for a fashion retailer, focusing on time management, stakeholder communication and delegation
- Healthcare operations leader, helping with managing emotions, improving team leadership skills and raising team performance
- Senior management consultant, helping translate abstract ideas into action plans and increasing flexibility in team situations
- Education executive, facilitating group sessions with funders
- International management consultant, advising on US transfer
- Entertainment industry executive, advising on career transition
Education and Professional Affiliations
- J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School
- B.A., summa cum laude, Yale University
- Certified Coach, Columbia University Program in Executive and Organizational Coaching
- Certified to use Hogan Korn-Ferry, Neethling, and MBTI instruments Leadership Architect and Voices 360
- Certified in Culture in the Workplace Assessment
- Board of Directors, Columbia Coaching Learning Association
- Board of Directors, Ars Nova Theater
- Board of Directors, Target Margin Theater