Steve’s career spans more than 25 years during which time he has worked at senior executive level for multi-national corporations and world-leading brands, as well as starting up new businesses, joint ventures and global brands. A marketer by profession he has developed and led worldwide organisations of several hundred staff and managed global marketing operations with budgets in excess of $500 million. His career has been characterized by leading organisations through intensive periods of transformation, whether it be change of ownership, new business establishment, re-branding or significant shifts in strategy.
More recently Steve has utilized his leadership and commercial experience to work on an independent basis with senior leaders across a range of sectors in a coaching and consultancy capacity. He specializes in supporting leaders to develop their clear leadership purpose and identity, whilst at the same time also helping corporations to build a stronger brand and corporate identity. His particular area of interest is the complex intersection point between the brand/business system on one side of an enterprise and the leadership/people system on the other, where the most fundamental interventions are often required to enhance commercial performance.
Steve now works at Board and senior executive levels in a range of blue-chip corporations and globally recognised brands as well as some younger companies experiencing rapid growth and significant organizational transformation.
Steve coaches individual leaders as well as leadership teams and believes in taking a systemic approach to leadership development – working with leaders in their broadest professional and enterprise context. Enhancing emotional intelligence within leaders as a means to greater self belief and leadership effectiveness are key themes within his work. His clients are based at locations across the UK, Europe and the USA.
Recent Coaching Assignments
- Chief Executive and senior executive leadership team of a UK-based sports National Governing Body to support major organizational transition, leadership skills enhancement and more collaborative and trust-based operating model
- Six individual Heads of Country across Europe in a global consumer products company to facilitate transition into new roles following a major organizational restructuring
- CEO of a major UK-based social enterprise delivering pro-bono marketing expertise (with equivalent value ~$20 million) for charities across the world to enhance leadership impact and network influence
- CEO/Founder of a private equity-backed technology start-up to improve leadership effectiveness in a fast-growing enterprise situation and to enhance relationship management with financial backers
- Global Head of Transformation in one of the world’s largest container shipping companies to deliver leadership style shift following recruitment from a major international consultancy firm
- Senior Global Director of experiential marketing in a globally renowned consumer electronics brand to develop more senior leadership competences following a promotion
- Two Chief Marketing Officers of separate business units in a global consumer technology innovation business to develop an integrated brand strategy between the businesses and worldwide marketing organizational transformation
- Senior Financial Director in a high-profile UK-based charity as part of a structured leadership development programme
- Fifteen high potential marketing leaders across a variety of industrial sectors to provide mentoring and coaching as part of a structured scholarship programme run by the UK Marketing Academy
Education and Professional Affiliations
- BSc. and MEng degrees in Electrical Engineering (with management) from Bath University, UK
- Advanced Diploma in Coach Mentoring, Senior Practitioner from The Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring, UK
- Qualified by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council